Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Preseason update

Let me know when the games start counting...



Yes, I do realize that the preseason games are important for looking at how the young guns are coming along, as well as topping up the roster, but I refuse to let myself get bothered by a loss to Florida in a game of mixed rosters. Yes, they beat us 3-0 the other night, but in the grand scheme of the season, isn't it more important that we got a good look at a couple of young guys like Dustin Boyd and Matt Keetley (who apparently played awesome), than what it shows on the scoreboard? Boyd is a player that could make the Flames roster and Keetley is looking like he'll be taking a legitimate stab at a starting goalie position in the Quad Cities (and with the injury to Krahn, may even see some time on the Calgary bench at some point this season)...

I have no problem losing all of our preseason games if it means that the coaching staff gets a good look at all of our young players and get a chance to play around with line combinations to see what might work...

Of course, since I won't be able to see any of these games (or practices), its a little easier for me to just shrug the preseason off. For a more in depth view of the preseason, I'd suggest Metrognome, Walk Invisible, or Leanne's breakdowns...

Wow, that was a little more serious than I'm used to...

No comments: