Thursday, February 18, 2010

I mean, I love the guy, but...

Okay, I know this may raise a few eyebrows, but I was kind of just wondering...

Why is Scott Niedermayer playing for the Canadian Olympic team?

I know, I know, he's played for our country at every level, and he's won at every level. Heck, he's won at every level he's played at including the Memorial Cup when he was in the CHL...

But why is he leading our men's team in this year's Olympics?

Its not like we are lacking for experienced leadership, just look at Iginla or Pronger for that...

Its not like there isn't a handful of much younger, equally able defencemen available like Jay Bouwmeester or Robyn Regher...

He's not as quick as he used to be, and from what I saw in the first game, he's not as defensively sound as he used to be either...

So why is he there? Just so Stevie can feel good about having one of his old buddies in a relevant role?

I thought we were trying to go forward in the youth movement, not backwards...

2 comments:

A Z R said...

link Domebeers.com
link Domebeers.com
link Domebeers.com

Also: Yes, SN does suck. So does Pronger. Wheres MG?

Furthermore, I think Peter Loubardias should be fired.

Unknown said...

Bob Andersen Jacket Jerseys, in the following paragraphs this definitely a growing quantity of quick and simple designed for footballing junkies obtaining jerseys using the internet. These types of jerseys numerous people get inside the online tend to be awfully obtaining the highest quality. As well as, on-line could be greatly rea m Thomas Clady Jacket. Kyrie Irving Jersey
chris paul jersey
harden jerseyban