8:00 p.m. MST
Anaheim @ Calgary
CBC (HD), FSPT
- The defending Stanley Cup champions roll into Calgary on a four game winning streak.
- Last time the Ducks were in town, they beat the Flames 4-1 to close out November.
- Scott Niedermayer came back out of retirement a couple of weeks ago, but has only supplied two assists in his five games, although you can't discount how his presence back in the lineup has been a boost to Anaheim.
- Gigeure is averaging less than a goal a game against in regulation over those five games.
- Calgary seems to have lucked out a little bit, in that Samuel Pahlsson will not be dressed tonight for the Ducks, as he is out due to an abdominal injury.
- Since finishing off a sweep in a 6 game road trip last week, the Flames have lost two overtime games at home, and then most recently lost to the mailto:f#@kin Canucks on Thursday night.
- Corey Perry leads the Ducks with 20 goals, while Ryan Getzlaf paces the team in assists (25) and points (38).
Kipper has been talking about how he needs to step up his game, so I'm thinking this is the game he does it. With Pahlsson out, it gives the Flames a chance to take advantage of the Ducks a little, although the blueline scares me more than a little...
This may sound like a bit of a broken record, but I pick the Flames to win 3-0 tonight, with goals by Iginla, Lombardi, and Tanguay, plus a shutout for Kipper...