Sunday, December 9, 2007

Gameday - Chicago

Wait, didn't I just do this?



You know, I could have sworn that Calgary just played Chicago...



What's that? You say that was over two weeks ago? Really?



Huh, where have I been then? Odd...



I've really been meaning to write more, especially since I added that nifty little widget you can see on the right hand side (or not, if you are like my brother, where he just gets a blank space). Any comments on the widget are more than welcome, by the way...



Anway, I've been pretty busy as of late, not to mention that my free time has been taken up with my planning for a vacation at the end of January (going on a cruise and I'm trying to sort out what all I want to do, which is more fun than talking about how the Flames still can't really play more than one good game in a row)...



My Center Ice cut out midway through the last Chicago game, and I haven't really done much with my blog since. At least with that Nashville game earlier this season, I knew the game wasn't being shown at all, so I was only off-put for a minute and then I got over it. It's a little different when the screen suddenly goes grey and doesn't change no matter how many times you flip back there from the Thursday night NFL game...



I've watched at least parts of pretty much every game since, but I'm beyond wondering how they are always getting caught up on the power play, leading to short-handed goals. With all the bad luck the Flames have had so far this season (hit posts, pucks deflected in off defencemen, the injuries that keep on coming), you just know that it can't last much longer... can it?



I was actually amazed that the game against the Penguins made it to the shootout after Regehr went down and there were prolonged lengths of time with Sarich and Eriksson out on the ice together...



Everyone knows that it takes time to get adjusted to a new coach, but I think that after two months, things should really be sorted out by now...



Which makes me really concerned for Kipper. I don't know what's going on with him, but there is no way he should have a lower save percentage than guys like Dipietro and Fluery, let alone Mason, Holmqvist, and Bryzgalov. Something has to change here though, its just too bad that we don't have an experienced backup that can challenge him a little...



I'm not overly optomistic about the game tonight, as I think the injuries will really show up on the scoreboard, as I see the Blackhawks coming away with a 3-1 win...

No comments: