Monday, October 15, 2007

Gameday - Nashville

Prove it!


Yeah, I know that the game was 'apparently' on Saturday night, and it is now the following Monday, but since it wasn't aired ANYWHERE, I feel I can do my gameday post today anyway...
Actually, I just didn't want to deviate from the pattern that I set up by doing gameday posts for the 'D' games...

Not that I was home on Saturday night (I was at a country bar doing line-dancing with some friends for the first time ever, which my brother is ridiculously bad at), but I still think that if I'm paying for Centre Ice, I should still have had the option of seeing that game. How hard would it be to grab one of the two dozen Jim-Bobs in attendance and tell them 'Here, just look through this little hole thingy and keep the other end pointed at the ice.' I wouldn't even need commentary or anything, just the ability to see what's happening. I could even provide my own play-by-play, if I really felt the need. 'Huselius stickhandles around the Predators defence', 'Lombardi speeds down the ice', 'Eriksson looks like his skates are stuck to the ice, as the Nashville forward dekes him out again'...

I mean seriously, in this day in age when you can watch you tube videos of some random person crying about the bad press that Britney Spears gets or showing how quickly some guy can funnel a beer, how can you not get some Dwight Yoakam wannabe with a little handheld video camera to follow a game that already has an audience interested in watching it?

Although I do find it a little ironic that I was at a line-dancing bar (the only one in the greater Toronto area, so far as I know) on a night when the Flames were playing in Nashville (in a bar that was until recently called 'Nashville North')...

Oh yeah, and the Flames won the game 7-4, but you probably already know that...

That is two road wins in a row in arenas that the Flames had previously had some trouble in...

Next up is the Avalanche in Denver tomorrow night (I don't include it as one of the D's, since the team uses Colorado in its name)...

And before somebody gets all hot under the collar, I feel the need to point out that I grew up on a farm listening to country music, and I still do to this day. So I'm sorry if I offended anyone...

But if you are getting all offended by something in a blog, you probably have bigger problems...

Looking at travelling to Calgary in early March, possibly during my brother's reading week (he's a teacher), to catch the Blues in town...

No comments: