Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Gameday - Nashville

So... anything big happen lately?


As I'm sure that everyone in the hockey universe is aware, the Flames have signed Kipper to a contract extension. Details and reactions to which can be found in the Flames blogosphere here, here, here, here, here, here, and here (oh, and here)... [and from Matt]

Good move that keeps him here for what should be his most productive years, although it remains to be seen who else we can keep around after this season. We'll just have to hope that there is a significant cap increase (which I don't really expect), or we're going to lose at least one of Langkow, Huselius, or Yelle and be forced to rely heavily on what we have on the farm. But I do expect Sutter to sign Phaneuf to an extension before the season is out (the better to keep him far away from the open market)...

I'm not going to get too into the game from Friday night, beyond saying that if the rumours are true that McGeough is retiring after this season, it will be at least three years too late...

The Nashville Predators roll into Calgary tonight to take on the Flames. The Flames apparently won the last matchup in Nashville 7-4, but until I see visual evidence I refuse to believe that game ever happened (although I will keep the 2 points regardless)...

No comments: