Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Back in the Saddle(dome)

Home Sweet Home...





After a couple of rough games in Detroit featuring the Evil Road Flames, the boys are finally back in Calgary in an effort to even up the series before heading back to 'the Joe'...

Not only are the boys back in town (well, not my town, but still...), but I have a hockey game of my own at 9:30 (EST) tonight, so I will have to tape the Flames game. I trust that the perfect 8-0 record will only be strengthened with the home Flames on the ice tonight. I'll probably only miss the first half of the game in all likelihood, but I hope that me watching the game on delay (and slowly catching up) will not affect anything...

Most of the key things for the Flames tonight has already been covered throughout the Flames blogosphere, so I won't go into too much detail here...

Although, since Amonte didn't get on the ice in game 2 until close to the 13 minute mark of the first period, I think I've found a way to keep him off the ice in the final minutes of every period. Unfortunately, it involves taking a penalty (as he doesn't play on the penalty kill), so I think he may actually be the lesser of the two evils...

And Regehr is apparently out again (with a different injury), which is truly unfortunate as he was looking fairly effective on Sunday while limiting shots. Maybe if he could teach this skill to the rest of the Flames blueliners before the game tonight, Kipper might actually see a little less rubber. The guy hopefully has to play more than four more games this post-season, so it would probably be a good idea if he wasn't shell-shocked after this series...

I've decided not to make predictions during the playoffs, as I'm always wrong anyway (although I am thinking of a score for tonight's game between 1-0 and 5-4)...

For the Flames of course...

No comments: