Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Season Summary

I was MIA over the weekend (well, in the blogosphere anyway), as I was up North for a hockey tournament. For the third year in a row we finished 0-3, but this year we totally outplayed the last two teams, we just couldn't get the bounces in either end...

Did get to hang out with the majority of the Toronto Flames bloggers on Sunday night though. I will not remark on the actual game itself, as it truely appeared as though the boys heads weren't quite in it (not to mention the lack of Calgary's stars). It was cool to meet a couple more of the group, although I didn't see that whole 'Usual Suspects' moment coming...

Finishing off the season with 4 consecutive losses wasn't a very impressive way to go out (to say the least), but I've convinced myself that the last two games weren't lost, just given up on...

The road record was obviously ridiculously bad (with the possible exception of that 4 game road trip a couple weeks ago), but I don't think that will roll over into the playoffs. The special teams seemed to pick up near the end of the season, so I don't think they'll be that bad off there either. What I'm most worried about is Jim Playfair's inability to stay with the lineup he set, as well as his inability to adapt late in games. We just have to hope with a playoff series he can at least make game-to-game changes... and not put Amonte on the ice in crucial minutes...

And seriously, get some nicer suits...

Apparently if you google 'Eddy Belfour drunk', the first result links to the player profile I created...

No comments: