Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Playoff Predictions - Round 2

Quick and Dirty



Not a whole lot of time right now, as I'm off to my floor hockey game, but I figured I'd better get this out beforethe second round actually starts (I'll touch it up when I get home, but the predictions will stay the same)...

I went 5 for 8 in the first round, but I did get the East entirely right...

Detroit vs San Jose

I think the Wings have a solid team, but the Flames exposed their weakness in their defensive zone (the few chances they had in there), and also with special teams. The Sharks are a pretty solid team all around, although they do have a pretty young blueline. Sharks in 7...

Anaheim vs Vancouver

Despite the heroics of Luongo, the Canucks just don't have the firepower to keep pace with the Ducks. Especially when the twins are held in check. Ducks in 5...

Buffalo vs New York Rangers

The Sabres have a solid team, although they let a weaker Islanders team hang around last series, almost blowing big leads a couple times. The Rangers are built well and had no trouble dispatching the Thrashers in the opening round. I think momentum carries this one. Rangers in 6...

New Jersey vs Ottawa

The Senatros are finally looking like the team that everyone expected them to be four years ago and looked dominant against a young Penguins team. Brodeur hasn't looked his usually stoic self the last part of the year, as opposed to Emery, who has been improving all season. Senators in 6...

No comments: