Thursday, February 1, 2007

Why am I doing this again?

Alright, so I was sitting at my computer at work today, browsing through some Flames blogs, when I thought to myself 'Hey, why don't I make one?'...

So I just did... what, you were expecting something more profound?

The next thing that came to me was 'Well, what are you going to write about?'

That is a better question. I'll probably try to make it primarily about the Calgary Flames (to join the fight against the evil oilogosphere), but every once in a while I'm sure something else will sneak in there (like the San Diego Chargers and other sports teams I follow, as well as the odd photo essay or commentary)...

Then I noted to myself 'Hey, wait a minute! You don't even get every Flames game! How are you going to write about them?'

Which is actually a very good question. I do get to watch them on the odd occasion that they are on CBC or TSN, but I don't get Sportsnet West. I moved into my house after the season had started, so I didn't see the point in getting Centre Ice at the time, but I do plan on getting it for next year. And I'll get to see them plenty in the playoffs...

But I will try to do as much as I can to follow my boys from here in Toronto as possible for now...
I'll try to be insightful, or at the very least I'll try to do as much as I can to get my own feelings and opinions across...

But if you somehow stumbled across this site, feel free to tell me when I'm wrong or on the odd occasion when I'm right...

And I'll also try to inject some humour in my posts as much as possible as well...

I think I'm starting to ramble... which will probably happen a lot...

Oh, and I don't usually talk to myself... well, not in public anyway...

4 comments:

Steal Thunder said...

I'll try to post at least once a day, making an effort to keep the Flames posts at the top...

And I'll try to make a couple of them tomorrow, including a gameday post if I remember...

HG said...

Welcome to the land of Flames blogs. There aren't many of us, but dammit, we stick together. You aren't the only newbie today - Sean started one too. TWO IN ONE DAY! AMAZING!

Steal Thunder said...

Cool! Yeah, we'll have to see how this goes. I don't really have an awful lot of free time, but I will definitely make an effort...

Kent W. said...

Welcome to the fold...

Ahhh, I remember the cold and bitter days not too long ago when I was the lone Flames blogger on the dusty plains...(well..not counting Matt from Battle of Alberta).