7:30 p.m. MST
St Louis @ Calgary
- St Louis returns to Calgary tonight to take on the Flames.
- The two teams met in St Louis last week, where the Flames won 4-2.
- The Blues have losts 3 of their last four, and have gone 3-3-1 since losing Manny Legace to a lower body injury after the February 20th game.
- Calgary is coming off an overtime loss to the Lightning at home on Saturday night and are looking to maintain their status as the top home team in the NHL.
- Curtis Sanford will likely get the start again for the Blues, as there has been no mention of Legace coming back yet. Jamie McLennan could possibly get the start tonight in place of Flames starter Miikka Kiprusoff.
- The leaders for the Blues are, pretty much the same as last week, Lee Stempniak (21g), Doug Weight (37a, 48p), Jamal Mayers (78 pim), and Christian Backman (+11).
The boys better win tonight. I'm tired of being pessimistic and subscribing to doomsday theories of playing the Predators in the first round of the playoffs...
Flames will have their statement game tonight and destroy the Blues 7-2. Goals by Jarome Iginla (3), Daymond Langkow, David Moss, Dion Phaneuf, and Jeff Friesen with his third in as many games. Responding for the road team will be Stempniak and Petr Cajanek...