Thursday, March 15, 2007

Postgame - Avalanche

Surprise, surprise, surprise!



Can't say that I didn't see this coming, as I said in my pregame...

The Flames totally got dominated tonight, no matter how flukey that first goal was...

And why didn't Stuart cover Hejduk on that tying goal? He's the number one scorer on the other team, and his man was being covered by somebody else! You can't tell me he had no idea he was over there...

The boys looked like a bunch of Gomers in the third period, running around not knowing what exactly it was they were supposed to be doing...

Yet another good showing by Lombardi in the speed department, and he looked pretty good for most of the game...

Actually, there were a couple Gomers wearing black and white tonight as well. A little quick on the whistle in the Avalanche zone, taking away a potential goal for the Flames. Here's a hint, when you lose sight of the puck, wait a second before blowing the whistle, as there is a chance it may have gone up into the air...

And some of those offsides calls were questionable on both sides of the puck...

I realize that Amonte hit a couple of posts tonight and had some decent chances, but I still wouldn't have had him out on the ice in the final minute of the game...

I feel it is time for me to bring back a little artwork...

For the majority of the third period I was dropping the F-bomb like it was going out of style. Or in other words, like it was a Jimmy Playfair suit...

1 comment:

walkinvisible said...

i think it's funny (in a really depressing sort of way) that everyone on the team is still saying stuff like "we've got to turn around the road record starting tonight." cause i've been hearing that for about 60 games now. playfair's coaching is KILLING me...

dear jim:
if you have no intention of playing iggy with lombo during the game, try using a different combo in practice.
sincerly,
WI