Thursday, March 22, 2007

Gameday - Predators

You may have noticed that my gameday posts have been getting pretty basic lately and I have neglected to put up a postgame from the Red Wings game on Tuesday night...

To be honest, I haven't had a whole lot of time lately. I've played 5 hockey games in the last four days (was asked to play in another) and tonight is my only break before I play another 8 games in the next 6 days...

If the game starts out poorly tonight I'll probably just go to bed after the first period. Nothing against the boys, but if it doesn't look like they're going to win I'm just going to try to catch up on a tiny fraction of all the sleep I've missed since Sunday...

On to my preview I guess...

Nashville is now number one in the league, passing the Red Wings after Detroit lost to the Flames on Tuesday night...

Calgary still has the league's best home record but hasn't beaten Nashville in the last eight games between the two teams...

But I've heard the boys are going back to their defensive system from the last couple of years, so hopefully they can get the 'W' tonight (and this also probably means that Sutter must have stepped in)...

I honestly think the boys can pull this off tonight. I said that I would believe in our boys if they beat Detroit, so I will...

Calgary wins tonight, 2-0. Goals by Iginla and Phaneuf (PP), and Kiprusoff with the shutout...

2 comments:

HG said...

So with this busy schedule of yours are you PVRing the crap out of these last remaining games?

Steal Thunder said...

I'll do as much as I can, but I don't have Centre Ice this season (didn't move into my new house until after the season had started)...

Next year for sure...

But if the game is on CBC or TSN, I will for sure from here on out...