Thursday, March 15, 2007

Gameday - Stars

Thursday, March 15, 2007
6:30 p.m. MST
American Airlines Center
Calgary @ Dallas
Flames PPV




  • The Flames sputter into Texas tonight to take on the Stars.
  • Dallas has won their last three games, the last two at home, and haven't played since Tuesday night.
  • Calgary is coming off a loss to Colorado in Denver last night and I really don't feel the need to talk about their road record.
  • I'm sure it'll be Marty Turco in net for the Stars tonight, and even though Miikka Kiprusoff started last night for the Flames, he'll probably be tending the twine again tonight.
  • The leaders for the home team are Jere Lehtinen (24g), Sergei Zubov (36a), Philippe Boucher (46p), Matthew Barnaby (127 PIMs), and Jaroslav Modry (+10).
Alright, so I got into a little trouble from the girl I'm dating for picking against the Flames last night. She said that I probably jinxed the team, so I'm going back on the positive side of things...

And given the lack of scoring from the Stars, I think we can outgun these guys anyway...

Calgary wins 2-1 tonight, with goals coming from Jarome Iginla, Matthew Lombardi, and Boucher...

3 comments:

MacS said...

She must be one of those 'do you want me to tell you I stayed home last night or do you want me to tell you the truth' girls.

leanne said...

As long as she's not a "do you think this makes me look fat?" girl, things should be ok...

walkinvisible said...

you KNOW a team's sucking when you swap up a superstition and it STILL doesn't work...