Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Postgame - Blues

Here come the big guns!

Big win for the boys tonight in a game that could be seen as a must win, if only to prove to themselves that they can win on the road. Sure they beat the greasers in oiltown on Saturday night, but that Oiler team was deflated...

I didn't catch the game tonight, as I don't get Sportsnet West, but I did follow along on Sportsline's gamecenter. As Leanne pointed out to me on the BofA site though, I probably could have just listened to the radio feed. I used to do that before the lockout, but I guess that year off made me forget all about it. I actually watched the Sharks game from a couple weeks ago instead (finally got around to it)...

The big guns (Conroy, Iginla, and Tanguay) turned it on in the last 21 minutes of the game, contributing on all four unanswered goals. Conroy had a breakthrough night (2g, 1a, +2), as he had been slumping the last few weeks, which is obviously nice to see as we get closer to the playoffs. Duncan is probably a better person to ask about that one though...

I'm not sure what HockeyGirl's new superstition is, but I give her credit for this one as I was worried that the boys might not win tonight...

I'm not fully ready to believe that they are over their road woes, but it was definitely a good start tonight. But if they can at least make it through regulation on Thursday night in Nashville, they may actually have me fooled until their next road trip...

1 comment:

HG said...

I'm not sure what HockeyGirl's new superstition is, but I give her credit for this one as I was worried that the boys might not win tonight

And it will remain a secret. Until it doesn't work any more, but that day will never come. NEVER.

Erm, I'm getting ahead of myself here.